Speeding - 434/14
Dated: 27 May 2014
Date of request: 21/05/2014
Date of response: 27/05/2014
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')(FOIA)
Thank you for your email dated April 2014 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
1. What speed was the fastest driver caught speeding in your area to 17th April in 2014, 2013 and 2012 – and what road was this person caught speeding on?
2. How many mobile camera patrols were in operation in an average month in 2014, 2013 and 2012?
3. How many camera activations for speeding and red light offences in your force area over the past three years? (Please provide a figure for each year)
4. How many drivers were given court summons for speeding in your force area over the past three years? (Please provide a figure for 2014 to 17/04/14 , 2013 and 2012).
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Fixed Penalty Unit and Motor Patrol of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I have today decided to disclose the located information to you as follows.
2012 - 119mph - A194 Whitemare Pool
2013 - 105mph - A1 Berwick/6461 Paxton
2014 - 96mph - B1288 Leam Lane East of A195 Gateshead
2012 - 4
2013 - 4
2014 - 4
2012 - 75,551
2013 - 95,721
2014 - 21,542
4. Searches on the Home Office code 816/11 which is 'Speeding - camera' on the force system which returns the below figures regarding summons issued for speeding.
2014 - 1188
2013 - 2664
2012 - 2827
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with our decision or do not consider that we have handled your request properly and we are unable to resolve this issue informally, you are entitled to make a formal complaint to us under our complaints procedure which can be found at: http://www.northumbria.police.uk/foi/disclosurelog/foicomprights.asp