Vehicles - 163/16
Dated: 08 Mar 2016
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 30 January 2016 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. The make, model and specification (full specification from the purchase) of each vehicle allocated to each member of police staff and police officer making up the Chief Officer Group.
2. The cost of purchase for each vehicle and the date of purchase
3. Confirm or negate whether each vehicle is equipped with emergency lighting and audible equipment
4. The current police driving qualification (standard / response / advanced) of each member of police staff and officer that makes up Chief Officer Group together with the date that the said member passed their driving qualification or indeed the last date they were reassessed against the requirements of the driving qualification
5. The most common marked police vehicle currently in use by your force
6. The cost (average cost if necessary) for the purchase of the most commonly purchased vehicle as per question 5.
With regards to point 3, I refer to sirens and klaxons whether they be overt of covert.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted within Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Purchase Price (Nett) Purchase Date Lights and sirens
Audi A6 SE 3.0 TDI quattro
245 PS S tronic £34,119.13 08/03/2012 Yes
Audi A7 S line 3.0 TDI quattro
245 PS Stronic £41,310.34 02/02/2012 Yes
BMW F10 535d SE
Saloon N57 3.0d £37,603.48 04/02/2011 Yes
Mercedes E350 Blue-CY
Agarde CDI A £37,757.70 27/08/2009 Yes
4. All Chief Officers have been assessed or will be reassessed by the driver Training department at advanced basic level by the end of March 2016.
5.Vauxhall Astra Estate
6. £16,550.57 ready for operational police use.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with our decision or do not consider that we have handled your request properly and we are unable to resolve this issue informally, you are entitled to make a formal complaint to us under our complaints procedure.
If you are still unhappy after we have investigated your complaint and reported to you the outcome, you may complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office and request that they investigate to ascertain whether we have dealt with your request in accordance with the Act.