Payment cards - 059/17
Dated: 22 Feb 2017
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 14 January 2017 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. How many procurement cards and/or corporate credit cards (or equivalent) are issued by Northumbria Police?
2. Have you had an internal audit of card spending in the last three years? If so can you provide any reports(s) written as a result of these audits?
3. If any procurement/corporate credit card holder has been reprimanded for its usage or had a transaction queried for validity since 01/01/2015, please provide the details (redacted if necessary).
4. The name of the bank(s) who provide your procurement/corporate credit cards.
5. The following spending details on all Government Procurement Cards/Corporate Credit Cards and any payment cards that are paid for out of public funds in .csv format:
Posted date and occurred date if available
Billing amount (please state how you express returns e.g. as a negative number, as a number in brackets or other variations)
Merchant name (as expressed in the bank statements if available)
Justification if given
I am requesting the information for Question 5 for the years 2015 and 2016.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Finance Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
1. Northumbria Police Force have 9 Procurement Cards issued.
2. The use of procurement cards was audited as part of the overall annual procurement audit in March 2016 and Internal Audit concluded that ‘Credit cards are administered effectively’.
4. Co-operative bank to June 2015, Currently Barclays Bank .
5. We only hold Electronic data from our current supplier. We have provided what information we have below.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.