Area Commands - 335/12
Dated: 07 Jun 2011
Date of request: 03/04/2012
Date of response: 02/05/2012
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')(FOIA)
Thank you for your email dated 3 April 2012 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am writing to you to request the following information under the terms of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act.
1. In each district/ basic command unit (BCU) within the constabulary for financial year 2010-2011 and financial year 2011-2012 please provide:
· The number of Police Community Support Officers employed
· The number of Full Time police officers employed
· The number of Full Time special police officers employed
2. In each district/ basic command unit (BCU) within the constabulary for financial year 2010-2011 and financial year 2011-2012 please provide:
· The number of police stations
· The number of police vehicles
3. The total budget for each district/ basic command unit (BCU) in the constabulary for financial year 2010-2011 and financial year 2011-2012.
4. Based on the constabulary’s strategic assessment what is the population of each district/ basic command unit?
For each question please provide disaggregated information for each district/ basic command unit (BCU) within the constabulary.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the HR, Fleet Management and Finance Departments of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I have decided to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Please see the document attached below which answers all parts of your request.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.
How to complain
If you are unhappy with our decision or do not consider that we have handled your request properly and we are unable to resolve this issue informally, you are entitled to make a formal complaint to us under our complaints procedure which can be found at: http://www.northumbria.police.uk/foi/disclosurelog/foicomprights.asp
If you are still unhappy after we have investigated your complaint and reported to you the outcome, you may complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office and request that they investigate to ascertain whether we have dealt with your request in accordance with the Act.
DownloadsFOI Complaint Rights Procedure_tcm4-28029