Orders - 615/16
Dated: 02 Jun 2016
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 16 May 2016 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
I am writing to request information under the Freedom of Information Act on Sexual Risk Orders (SRO) and Sexual Harm Prevention Orders (SHPO).
1. In the period of time between 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 what was the total number of applications to magistrate courts for Sexual Risk Orders (SRO) under the Sexual Offences Act 2003:
(a) made by your police force and
(b) granted by Magistrate court(s)?
2. How many out of the total number of Sexual Risk Orders granted by magistrate courts in the period of time between 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 prohibit a person subject to SRO to contact or approach in any way:
(a) a named child under the age of 16
(b) a named child aged 16 or 17
(c) any children under the age of 16
(d) any children under the age of 18?
3. In the period of time between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016 what was the average number of calendar days needed to secure an SRO (measured from the date application was made to magistrate court to the date magistrate court made a decision to grant SRO)?
4. What is the total number of Sexual Harm Prevention Orders (SHPO) against individuals convicted of sexual offences issued in your police force area in the period of time between 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016?
5. How many Sexual Harm Prevention Orders out of total issued in your police force in the period of time between 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 prohibit a person subject to this order to make contact with or approach:
(a) a child or children under the age of 16?
(b) a child or children under the age of 18?
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Crime Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.