Crimes - 143/17
Dated: 07 Mar 2017
Provision of information held by Northumbria Police made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the 'Act')
Thank you for your e mail dated 7 February 2017 in which you made a request for access to certain information which may be held by Northumbria Police.
As you may be aware the purpose of the Act is to allow a general right of access to information held at the time of a request, by a Public Authority (including the Police), subject to certain limitations and exemptions.
1. The total number of crimes that occurred at premises registered as a pharmacy (which may be termed as a "chemist" in location codes) between January 1 and December 31 2016
2. How many shoplifting incidents occurred at a registered pharmacy between January 1 and December 31 2016?
3. How many incidents of robbery, attempted robbery, or burglary occurred at premises registered as a pharmacy (which may be termed as a "chemist" in location codes) in your area between January 1 and December 31 2016?
4. How many assaults or violent crimes including arson were committed at a registered pharmacy between January 1 and December 31 2016?
5. Please can you supply details of the incidents described in points 3 and 4, including:
a. time and date of reported crime
b. if suspects were believed to be armed (and details of suspected weapons, eg knife, firearm)
c. whether anyone was hurt
d. what products were targeted during the incident? (eg medication, beauty products, cash)
e. the number of people proceeded against in relation to these incidents, and the type of proceeding and outcome that took place (charge, caution, etc).
You then confirmed that you were looking at crimes only.
We have now had the opportunity to fully consider your request and I provide a response for your attention.
Following receipt of your request, searches were conducted with the Corporate Development Department of Northumbria Police. I can confirm that the information you have requested is held by Northumbria Police.
I am able to disclose the located information to you as follows.
Due to the different methods of recording information across 43 forces, a specific response from one constabulary should not be seen as an indication of what information could be supplied (within cost) by another. Systems used for recording these figures are not generic, nor are the procedures used locally in capturing the data. For this reason responses between forces may differ, and should not be used for comparative purposes.
The information we have supplied to you is likely to contain intellectual property rights of Northumbria Police. Your use of the information must be strictly in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) or such other applicable legislation. In particular, you must not re-use this information for any commercial purpose.