Who to contact about: Flooding
If you suffer from a leak or minor flood in your home, for example a burst pipe in cold weather, TURN OFF THE WATER AT THE STOP COCK. The first point of contact should be your housing provider, landlord or insurance company. They will have an emergency contact number and will advise of the best course of action and may be able to arrange a plumber.
If there is immediate risk to vulnerable people due to flooding, contact the Police or Fire Service.
For more serious incidents such as serious floods or sewerage leaks contact Northumbria Water. If the roadway becomes flooded then contact your local council on the numbers below. IF THE FLOODING PRESENTS A DANGER TO ROAD USERS PLEASE CONTACT THE POLICE.
Who deals with this?
- The Environment Agency provides a 24-hour Flood line service, which allows you to check if your property is at risk, call: 0345 988 1188 or 0845 988 1188,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/environment-agency
- For mains burst in the street or sewerage floods please contact Northumbria Water on 0345 717 1100 or for minor leaks 0800 393 084
- Visit the Northumbrian Water website at: http://www.nwl.co.uk
- Northumberland County Council: Call 0345 600 6400
Or visit www.northumberland.gov.uk/Fire/Civil.aspx#flooding
- North Tyneside Council: Call 0345 200 0101
Or visit my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category/426/how-council-handles-floods
- Gateshead Council: Call 0191 433 7000
or visit www.gateshead.gov.uk/flooding
- Newcastle City Council: Call 0191 278 7878
or visit www.newcastle.gov.uk/
- South Tyneside Council: Call 0191 427 7000
Or visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk/article/16350/flooding
- Sunderland City Council: Call 0191 520 5550
Or visit www.sunderland.gov.uk/floods
Remember, private tenants please contact your landlord or letting agency
Rental tenants please contact your housing provider
Dated: 04 Jul 2016